Sunday, November 04, 2007

Surprise for Karyn

Karyn's Birthday is this coming Thursday. She is turning well, older than me.... ;) Her husband called me on Friday morning and asked me if I could whip up a birthday party for Saturday night. I, of course, said No Problem! He said o k, I will call you later and let you know how many people I can get to confirm they can make it. Well I never heard back from him on Friday. On Saturday morning he was at the door at 10 am. He tells me that there will be 13 or so people there. I said, I will make ziti and meatballs. He says good. I reminded him that we needed a cake and he told me that he would ask Karyn's sister Krissy to get it. We chatted for a few minutes and he asked me on the way out the door if I could whip up some chicken wings too. Uh no!!! I am thinking - ya I have a bajillion meatballs to roll and fry - no freaking way. Hurricane Noel's rain came in to town on Saturday - just in time for me to head to the grocery store with the boys. Came home and made my sauce, rolled my meatballs, did my hair and sat on my butte waiting for Alyssa to call and let me know that they were out of the house and I could come set up. While I was waiting I chatted with Karyn's sister Krissy. She says, he just told me that I need to get the cake. I said, yeah well - he is a last minute Charlie with this. I decided to leave the house at 5:15 and head to Londonderry. I drove by the house and they were gone. I called Lyssie to make sure they were gone. She said, I called you 15 minutes ago to let you know. We scurried around the house making sure that things were in order. The guests started to arrive and we patiently waiting for late and later to show up. Thankfully they were a little late so that Kris had enough time to get home from work and shopping for supplies. She got there with maybe 3 minutes to spare. Karyn was so surprised. Thankfully I didn't speak to her all day and Megan didn't know so neither one of us could let the cat out of the bag..... Below is a picture that will be worth money. Karyn and Billy actually showing signs that they may still like each other after all of these years. Of course, I didn't get a shot of the actual kiss I had to have them re-enact the moment.

No comments: