Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

We are still here in sunny Florida. We are all on the mend with our sicknesses. I am starting to get my voice back. Christopher references it as my killer voice. He says that it is a killer voice cuz it is killing him. These kids.... We stayed here at the resort for dinner. We went to the restaurant on site called Flagler's Station. They served turkey with all the fixings and ham. It was buffet style and HORRIBLE. The turkey was looking like cream of something. The stuffing was a weird yellowish color. Gravy tasted like a salt lick. They over charged for the swill but I didn't have to cook and there is no snow here so I guess I shouldn't complain. After we got back from our horrible dinner and Judi took the kids to the Wii tournament. It was held at the rec center. Steve and I followed her over there because we wanted to see the grounds. While we were walking there we found Mary walking back to the villa. She decided to come back to the rec center with us. We stopped at the market on site for a snack. Steve got a drumstick, I got dibs and Mary got mentos. All she kept saying was I love mentos - they are a mint that is like a gum. When we got to the rec center we found Judi and the kids in the arcade patiently waiting for their turn with the Wii. They finally got their turn and were interested in it for maybe 35 seconds. Off to the speed stacker cups. Me, Steve and Kristen ended up bowling together. I gave Mary my controller so she could play too. What a mistake that was - she stopped the game to change the avatar that she was playing under. I quickly helped her change her mind and get back to playing. We were soon saved from ourselves when some other children came in to play Wii.

No comments: