Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Christopher!

So yesterday was Christopher's 5th birthday. In the morning Auntie Sa called to wish him a happy birthday and when she asked him if he was happy to be 5 now this was the conversation. C - No I 4 1/2 Sa - you are 5 today C - No I not Sa - well how old are you then? C- 4 and 1/2 Sa - when will you be 5 then C (now crying) after my friends get here and we have cake Little did he know that he did not have any friends coming over for his party. We had a big party in August for both boys and they already got all their gifts then. I did however, have a cake for yesterday and I wanted to take the kids to Chuck E Cheese, but circumstances beyond my control prevented that. Auntie Sa and Uncle Nando came up to pick up a radio that I helped Uncle Nando buy through E-bay. We got Chinese food for dinner and had cake afterward. While we were eating and getting ready for cake. Christopher wanted to know where his friends and presents were. I told him that we were not having any additional company and we already gave him his presents. Well this did not make him happy, to say the least. So I scurried around the house to find something to wrap for him. I found 2 things, wrapped them really quick and we sang happy birthday. Christopher doesn't like cake to eat. He only likes to eat the frosting off the cake. But he will not take a piece of cake to steal the frosting, he has to stick his finger in the frosting. Thankfully there was not too many of us here on Friday night so he could do it. He opened the first present with all the excitement building up inside of him. When he opened it he went from happy to angry in about 1.2 seconds. He was p!ssed. Then he opened the second one and was OMG so much angrier. He started yelling that he already had these things and where were his real presents. He told me that I was the meanest Mommy and he was mad at me. He didn't t stop crying until Auntie Sa gave him $5 to go shopping with....Too funny - Therapy here we come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I MUST BE BLIND BECAUSE I DO NOT SEE THE PICTURE OF JONATHAN WITH HIS EYES CROSSED....