Saturday, October 25, 2008

Monster Mash

Christopher had his first school dance last night. Stephen stayed home with the kids that I watch in the evenings so that I could take Christopher and Jonathan to the dance. The dance was Halloween themed - ie Monster Mash. So I dressed the kids in their costumes and we were off to the big school. Dance started at 630 and ended at 830. We got there about 625, I parked the rig and into the school we went. We saw a few of Christopher's friends. Will was the incredible hulk, Katherine P was a princess and Molly was a witch. He said hello and then walked straight away from them. I sat in the one of the folding chairs that circled the gym. 2 older children decided to play some sort of chase game around the chairs right next to me. I, the drill sargent, told them that was not a good idea and to please stop. I am not as bad as some people believe that I am but I am not one to tolerate schenangans. We lasted a whopping 30 minutes and were home before Steve had a chance to find a show for the other kids to watch.

No comments: