Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Christopher's first day of Kindergarten

Today is Christopher's first day of Kindergarten. This is the first year of K's at the big school. (our public school ) We went for orientation last week and Christopher has been all set for school since. These were taken in the house this morning. These are of the boys at the bus stop. We walked this morning to the bus stop. The kids wanted a ride in the truck but I thought it would be nice to walk. We have to go to the stop sign at the end of our road, make a left and then a right to get to the stop. I personally think it is a far walk for a kindergartener, but the bus company doesn't care to change it. Here is the big boy getting on the bus. The driver had to tell him to stop and wave to me so that I could get a picture. I didn't want him riding the bus but we have had debates about this for the last few weeks and of course I gave in and let him ride the bus. Daddy thought Christopher would have a difficult time with the bus having no seat belts. He didn't seem to be very concerned as he left his mommy on the side of the road this morning. Tomorrow is Jonathan's first day at preschool. I will be a mess then - my first time in 6 years that I will be without children for 2 solid hours 3 days a week.

No comments: